Popularly known as the ‘Pearl of the Orient’, Goa is located on west coast of India once used to a Portuguese colony. It is one of the sought after tourist destinations with its exotic picturesque sea beaches, churches, temples, lakes, waterfalls. Goa also has a vibrant nightlife that adds to its charm. Given below are some of the popular tourist attractions included in Goa honeymoon packages.
Top 10 Famous Tourists Places To Visit in Goa
1. Fort Aguada – Built in 1612 Fort Aguada was constructed to prevent old Goa from enemy attacks. 22kms away from Berdez the Fort has the first ever lighthouse in Asia. There are some interesting ammunition rooms and barracks inside the fort.
2. Anjuna Beach – Located 16kms from Berdez Anjuna beach is famous for its nightlife offering some amazing discotheques, pubs and nighclubs. Christmas and New Year are the festivals celebrated here with much pomp and grandeur. It has a rocky beach with boulders all over offering adventure sports like parasailing, yachting and windsurfing.
3. Baga Beach – Baga beach lies between Candolim beach and the Calangute beach. It is smaller and cleaner than the other sea beaches in Goa and a favorite place of the foreign tourists. There are plenty of shacks across the beach offering some great music along with mouth watering Goan delicacies. Visitors can enjoy here Wind Surfing between January and March.
4. Calangute – 17kms from Berdez is located Calangute beach the first beach to inculcate the hippie culture in the 60’s and 70’s. The hippies made their way out slowly as the mainstream tourists started flocking to Goa. Apart from offering some great adventure sports activities this beach is also famous for rave parties.
5. Basilica De Bom Jesus – One of the most popular tourist attractions this church was constructed in 1605 and preserves the tomb and mortal remains of St Francis Xavier considered by the Catholics as one of the patron saints of Goa. It is surprising that the body is still in very good condition even after 400 years. It is taken out for public viewing once in every decade. It was last taken out for display in 2004. The Basilica has Portuguese style architecture.
6. Ancestral Goa Museum/ Big Foot – Located 10kms from Margao is the Ancestral Goa Museum also popularly known as Big Foot. It is an open-air museum-cum-parkland spread over an area of 9 acres. The large life size statues and structures depicting culture and tradition of 200 years old rural Goa are worth seeing.
7. Chapora Fort – Located at a distance of 12kms from Goa is the Chapora Fort which is easily reachable from Vagator over the hill leading to the fort. The Hollywood blockbuster movie ‘Dil Chahta Hai’ was also shot at this place.
Hence we can conclude that visiting the above mentioned sightseeing places will be an enjoyable and delightful experience for honeymooners.