If you’ve been using an Apple Watch to track your fitness, you may have set goals for yourself to help you stay on track and motivated. However, as your fitness level changes, you may need to adjust those goals to keep challenging yourself and making progress. Fortunately, changing your fitness goals on Apple Watch is a straightforward process. In this article, we’ll take you through the steps to adjust your fitness goals and get the most out of your Apple Watch.
Why Change Your Fitness Goals?
Before we dive into the specifics of changing your fitness goals on Apple Watch, let’s talk about why you might want to do so. There are a few reasons why you might need to adjust your goals:
- You’ve achieved your current goals: Congratulations! If you’ve reached your current fitness goals, it’s time to set new ones that will challenge you further.
- You’re not making progress: If you’re consistently falling short of your goals, you may need to adjust them to make them more achievable or more challenging.
- You’ve experienced a change in your fitness level: Whether you’ve been training consistently or you’ve taken a break from exercise, your fitness level can change over time. Adjusting your goals to reflect your current level will help you stay on track.
Step-by-Step Guide to Changing Your Fitness Goals
Now that you understand why you might need to change fitness goals on the apple watch, let’s walk through the steps to adjust them on your Apple Watch.
Step 1: Open the Activity app
To change your fitness goals on Apple Watch, you’ll need to open the Activity app. This app tracks your progress towards your fitness goals and allows you to adjust them as needed.
Step 2: Tap “Change Goals”
Once you’re in the Activity app, tap on the “Change Goals” button. This will allow you to adjust your daily Move goal, as well as your goals for exercise minutes and standing.
Step 3: Adjust your goals
Now it’s time to adjust your goals to reflect your current fitness level and goals. You can increase or decrease your Move goal by using the plus and minus buttons. You can also adjust your exercise and standing goals by tapping on them and selecting a new goal.
Step 4: Save your changes
After you’ve made the necessary adjustments to your fitness goals, be sure to save your changes. You can do this by tapping “Update” in the top right corner of the screen.
Tips for Setting Realistic Fitness Goals
Whether you’re changing your goals or setting new ones, it’s important to set realistic targets that will help you achieve your desired outcomes. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when setting fitness goals:
- Start with small goals: If you’re just starting out with exercise or you’re returning after a break, it’s best to start with small goals that are achievable. This will help you build momentum and avoid feeling overwhelmed.
- Make your goals specific: Rather than setting a vague goal like “exercise more,” make your goals specific and measurable. For example, “run for 30 minutes three times a week” is a specific goal that you can track and measure.
- Consider your current fitness level: When setting goals, be sure to take into account your current fitness level.