WhatsApp is an instant messaging service which offers end-to-end encryption. It allows you to send messages that are never read by the company itself and can also be shared with your contacts. However, things might just happen, like you deleting a message from your WhatsApp inbox. How will you go about recovering it?
Backup and Restore WhatsApp Messages
If you have deleted a message in WhatsApp, there is a chance you can recover it. Follow these steps to restore a deleted message in WhatsApp:
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Tap on the three lines in the top left corner of the app.
- Select Backup and Restore Messages.
- If you have previously backed up your messages, select the backup from which you want to restore the message. Otherwise, choose New Backup.
- Tap on the message you want to restore. It will load in full screen mode with all of its attachments.
- To restore the message, tap on the Restore button at the bottom of the screen.
Delete a Message in WhatsApp
If you delete a message in WhatsApp, there is a chance that you can recover that deleted message. Here’s how to do it:
- Click the three lines in the top left corner of WhatsApp.
- Select Settings from the menu that pops up.
- Under Account and Privacy, tap on Messages.
- In the Messages section, tap on the message that you want to recover.
- If the message is unread, it will have a green checkmark next to it. Otherwise, it will have a red X next to it.
- Tap on the three dots in the top right corner of the message to open its details screen.
- On the Details screen, scroll down until you find a box titled “Deleted.” Tap on this box to confirm that you want to recover this message.
- If you’re sure that you want to recover this message, tap on Recover to restore it to your chat history.
Deleted Text Messages Reappears Sometimes in WhatsApp
If you have deleted a text message from WhatsApp and later regretted it, there is a chance that the message might reappear in your chat history. This can happen if someone else has saved the message on their phone or if the message was accidentally copied to the cloud. In either case, you can try to recover the deleted text message by following these steps:
- Open WhatsApp and sign in.
- How to use Blogger’s three-line menu for layout and formatting
- Select Settings from the list of options that appears.
- Under Accounts and Privacy, tap on Messages.
- If the message has been deleted from your phone but not from the cloud, you will be able to see a red flag next to it. Tap on Recover to restore it. If the message has been deleted from both your phone and the cloud, you will not be able to recover it and will need to delete it from your phone first.
- Once you have recovered the message, you should save it so that you have a copy of it offline in case something happens to your phone and you lose access to the messages again.
How to Recover Deleted Msg
If you have deleted a message in WhatsApp, there are a few ways to recover it. You can either try to recuperate it from the chat history, or search for it using the app’s search function. If you’ve lost your phone and can’t access the chat history, you can try to recover the message by using an online messaging service like Skype.
Also Read=> Restore WhatsApp Deleted Messages Without Backup
If you’ve deleted a message in WhatsApp and you want to recover it, there are a few things that you can do. The first thing that you should do is try searching for the message using the index of messages (which is located at the top left corner of your screen). If the message isn’t found there, then it’s possible that it has been sent or received by someone else and cannot be recovered. In this case, you will have to delete the message from your phone and resend it to yourself as an email notification. If all else fails, you can contact WhatsApp support to see if they can help recover your lost message.