Sun. Apr 18th, 2021

Visa Australia: What they are and How to apply for them

Visa Australia: What they are and How to apply for them

If you do not have an Australian passport, you will need to apply for a visa in order to enter Australia. Study Australia offers assistance in applying for a visa for Australia with personalized advice.

There are different types of visas which vary according to the purpose of the trip, the duration and often the age. It is also true that according to nationality the process and the required documentation may vary. As we are Education agents in India, we will explain in this article the general rules for citizens with Italian passports, but we also take care of assisting students with different passports.

The main visas that Indian citizens can apply for online to travel to Australia are:

  • Student Visa (subclass 500)
  • Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417)
  • Tourist Visa (subclass 651)

As an Education agent, we can only support our students in applying for the above mentioned visas. For work visas, based on your skills, we recommend contacting a qualified migration agent (MARA). Study Australia collaborates with a migration agent who can offer his advice. Just send us an email or call us and we will immediately contact you.

Student visa:

The student visa does not have a fixed duration, but varies according to the duration of the chosen course. It has no age or nationality limits and can be requested online. The courses linked to this visa are: English courses (over 3 months), professional courses, university courses including research.

The Australia student visa allows you to work part time, 40 hours every two weeks and costs AUD 560, payable online by credit card. The visa is required at the end of enrollment in the school and after paying the required deposit and the OBLIGATORY medical insurance (OSHC).

Working Holiday Visa:

The Working Holiday Visa in Australia is a visa that allows you to study and work in Australia only for children of certain nationalities, including the Canadian one aged 18 to 31. It lasts one year and is renewable for a second year *.

The Working Holiday Visa can be requested online from the Australian government website with a valid Indian passport and from the moment it will be issued you will have one year to use it (before 31 years of age) and from the moment you enter Australia the 365 days.

If your English level is low or you are aiming for an official certification such as IELTS, it is recommended that you enroll in an English course to increase your chances of working in Australia.

It is better to book an English course directly from India to be sure of the quality and reliability of the school. The price of the course varies according to the duration and therefore the number of weeks. We recommend at least a 6 week course to see real improvements.

Travel visa:

The tourist visa is valid for one year and allows you to enter and stay in Australia for up to 3 months at a time. With the tourist visa it is possible to study English for a maximum of 12 weeks, but it is not possible to work. In addition, the tourist visa for Australia is free for Indian children.

Work visa:

Study Australia supports students interested in learning and living experiences in Australia as a professional and personal development, but also for those interested in staying in Australia indefinitely. Investing in the Australian education system is an excellent choice to train and above all to meet visa requirements.

Choosing a university course such as Bachelor, Master or PhD is certainly the best choice, however there are excellent professional courses that will allow you to stay in the area and work thanks to the skills acquired.

The Temporary Graduate Visa (485) will allow you to work in Australia once you have finished your studies. If you decide to enroll in a 2-year professional course linked to a profession on the MLTSSL list (list of professions in demand in Australia), you can apply for a Temporary Graduate Visa at the end of the course. This visa will give you the opportunity to work in Australia for another 18 months.

If you decide to attend a university course of at least two years, you can apply for the same visa for a minimum duration of 2 to 4 years. LAST, not LEAST, it is essential to have an excellent knowledge of the English language certified with the IELTS exam.