A stag do is a modern day grand voyage tradition, but certainly with a twist, more humour and packed to a weekend form. As much as the destination of choice is very important, people you take with you equally or even more important, the idea or the theme around which the party is built, is certainly not to be underestimated. Therefore we have come up with a list of 15 great themes you might find interesting. So here they are:
- Casino Night – Transform your venue into a Las Vegas-style casino, complete with roulette, blackjack, and poker tables, as well as slot machines and other fun games. Encourage guests to dress up in their best suits and dresses, and provide them with fake money to use at the tables.
- Sports Fanatic – For the sports-loving groom, create a sports-themed stag party. Set up a mini-golf course, basketball hoop, or soccer goal in the backyard, and have guests compete in friendly competitions. Even better idea is attending a sports festival, particularly a rugby one, since rugby is known for its great spirit pitch side as well as off the pitch.
Courtesy of Krakow Rugby Festival
3. Beach Bash – If the groom is a beach lover, throw a beach-themed stag party. Set up a tiki bar, and serve tropical drinks and snacks. Encourage guests to wear beach-themed attire, and have beach games and activities available, such as beach volleyball, frisbee, and sandcastle-building contests.
4. Prohibition- Era Speakeasy – For the groom who appreciates a bit of history and nostalgia, create a prohibition-era speakeasy-themed stag party. Decorate the venue with vintage-style decorations, and serve classic cocktails from the era, such as gin martinis and old fashioneds. Encourage guests to dress up in 1920s-style clothing, and provide live music or a DJ to play swing and jazz tunes.
5. Western Hoedown – For the groom who loves all things country, throw a western-themed hoedown stag party. Decorate the venue with hay bales, cowboy hats, and bandanas, and serve classic cowboy fare, such as BBQ ribs, corn on the cob, and baked beans. Provide live music or a DJ to play country music, and have line dancing lessons or a mechanical bull available for guests to enjoy.
6. Oktoberfest – For the groom who loves beer and a good time, throw an Oktoberfest-themed stag party. Decorate the venue with traditional Oktoberfest decorations, such as beer steins, pretzels, and lederhosen. Serve German beer and snacks, such as sausages and pretzels, and provide live music or a DJ to play traditional Oktoberfest tunes. Even better idea would be attending a real Oktoberfest !
7. Scavenger Hunt – For the groom who loves a good challenge, create a scavenger hunt-themed stag party. Divide guests into teams, and provide them with a list of tasks and challenges to complete throughout the day or night. The tasks can range from silly and light-hearted, such as taking a group photo with a stranger, to more challenging, such as solving a puzzle or finding a hidden item.
8. Foodie Frenzy – For the groom who loves to eat and try new foods, throw a foodie-themed stag party. Set up a variety of food stations, such as a sushi bar, a taco bar, and a gelato station, and encourage guests to sample and try different dishes. Provide live music or a DJ to set the mood, and have food-themed games and activities available, such as a food-themed trivia game or a blind taste test.
9. Outdoor Adventure – For the groom who loves the great outdoors, create an outdoor adventure-themed stag party. Plan a day of hiking, kayaking, or rock climbing, and provide all necessary gear and equipment. Serve hearty and satisfying outdoor meals, such as trail mix and sandwiches, and provide live music or a DJ to set the mood.
10. Wilderness adventure- For the groom who loves the great outdoors, a wilderness adventure themed stag party can be a great way to celebrate. This theme can include activities such as hiking, camping, fishing, or even going on a white-water rafting trip.
Courtesy of PartyKrakow – a Krakow stag do activities company
11. Bachelor party cruise- For the groom who loves to travel, a bachelor party cruise can be a fun and unique way to celebrate. This theme can include activities such as visiting different ports, enjoying on-board entertainment, and even organizing group activities such as pool games or dance parties.
12. Pub crawl- For the groom who loves to drink, a pub crawl themed stag party tips can be a great way to celebrate. This theme can include visiting different bars and pubs in the area, trying out different beers and cocktails, and even organizing challenges or games along the way.
13. Retro party- For the groom who loves all things retro, a retro themed stag party can be a fun and nostalgic way to celebrate. This theme can include activities such as dressing up in vintage clothing, playing retro games and music, and even hosting a vintage themed party.
14. Road trip- For the groom who loves to hit the open road, a road trip themed stag party can be a great way to celebrate. This theme can include activities such as renting a car or van, planning out a route, and even stopping at different attractions along the way.
15. Foodie adventure- For the groom who loves to eat, a foodie adventure themed stag party can be a great way to celebrate. This theme can include activities such as visiting different restaurants and cafes, trying out new cuisines, and even organizing a group cooking class or food tour.