The Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) is a savings account for employees. Both the employee and the company contribute an equal amount to a savings account that can be used when the employee retires or changes jobs. For fiscal year 2020-21, the interest rate on EPF contributions is 8.5 percent.
You can now check your EPF balance check via SMS, missed call, EPFO app/Umang app, EPFO Portal/Umang App, and EPFO Portal/Umang App. Employees who have access to their EPF balance can easily:
- Their expenses are well-planned.
- Get a loan based on their EPF balance.
- Check the balance of their PF account
Checking your PF Balance Using EFPO Portal
Make sure your employer has activated your Universal Account Number before checking your EPF balance (UAN). All employees enrolled in the EPF plan are given a UAN, which is a unique identifying number. Throughout their working lives, all employees should have only one UAN, regardless of how many companies they work for. Since all the process is conducted online these days, hence, the UAN number is very important. With UAN, you may easily access your PF account services, such as withdrawals, checking your EPF balance, and applying for an EPF loan.
Follow these procedures once your UAN number has been activated:
- Step 1: Go to the EPFO website. Go to the ‘Our Services’ tab and select the “for workers” option from the drop-down menu.
- Step 2: Next, go to “Services” and select “Member passbook. “Once logged in, you can access the EPF account.
EPF balance check via SMS
Follow these procedures once your UAN has been linked to your KYC information:
- Send a text message to the number 7738299899.
- The message will be formatted as ‘EPFOHO UAN ENG.’
- In the SMS, you’ll have to select your preferred communication language. To do so, simply type the first three characters of your desired language. Use the first three characters of the word English, i.e., EPFOHO UAN ENG, to receive updates in English.
- If you wish to receive message updates in other languages like Marathi, write EPFOHO UAN MAR in the search box. English, Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, and Bengali are all supported by the portal.
EPF Balance check via a Missed Call
You can find out your EPF balance by giving a missed call from your registered mobile number to the authorized phone number. This feature is only available if your UAN is linked to your KYC information. If you are unable to do so, you may seek assistance from your employer.
Once your UAN has been linked to your KYC information, follow the steps below:
- Give a missed call from your registered mobile phone to 011-22901406.
- You will receive an SMS with your PF details after placing a missed call
Check Your PF Balance and learn how to Use the UMANG/EPFO App
Employees can use the Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance (UMANG) app to check their EPF balance on their phones. You can use the app to file and track claims in addition to EPF balance check. To use the app, members must first complete a one-time registration using their UAN-registered mobile number.
To view your history EPF transactions using the UMANG app:
- Download and launch the UMANG app on your smartphone. Select EPFO from the drop-down menu.
- “Employee Centric Services” should be selected.
- The option to “View Passbook” will appear on the next screen. You’ll be requested to enter your UAN number, and the One-Time Password (OTP) sent to your registered cellphone number when you click it. By clicking on ‘Login,’ you may view your EPF transactions, including withdrawals and deposits from your current and prior jobs.
How Can I Check My PF Balance Without Using My UAN?
Here’s how to check your PF balance without using your UAN:
- To view the EPFO’s official website, go to https://www.epfindia.gov.in/.
- From the homepage, select “Click here to check your PF balance” (which is a link).
- The EPFO page will load, and the member’s balance will be displayed.
- Choose your state.
- The headquarters of the EPF.
- The code of your company.
- Fill in your PF account number, name, and phone number.
- In the acknowledgement box, check the “I agree” box.
How can I submit an EPFO online e-Nomination?
To submit an EPFO online e-Nomination, follow process:
- Go to epfindia.gov.in and select ‘Service.’
- Select ‘Member UAN/ Online Service’ from the ‘For Employees’ menu.
- Use your EPFO UAN and password to log in.
- Under the ‘Manage’ tab, select the ‘E-nomination’ option.
- Click ‘Save’ below the ‘Provide Details’ option that should have shown on the screen.
- To amend the family declaration, click ‘Yes.’
- By clicking on ‘Add Family Details,’ you can now add the details of the family member to the e-nomination form. It is also possible to nominate more than one person.
- To disclose the complete amount of shares, go to ‘Nomination Details.’
- After that, select ‘Save EPF Nomination’.
- Finally, select ‘E-sign’ to create an OTP and enter the OTP received on the Aadhaar-linked cell phone number.