In recent years, the Master in Management degree has emerged as a bigger favourite than traditional MBA, particularly among international students. However, many are still unaware of the opportunities that lie ahead of a Master in Management degree or about how it is different from a regular MBA. In this article, we will elucidate the amazing prospects awaiting those who complete a Master in Management degree, explain why you should pursue it rather than a Business Administration degree, and also introduce you to one of the most reputed Master in Management degree courses available online.
Master in Management vs. Masters in Business Administration
There are a couple of significant differences between a Master in Management and an MBA degree. An MBA focuses on broad-level business leadership concepts and often includes topics on finance, strategy, etc., in addition to management. MM, on the other hand, focuses particularly on the area of Business Management. Some general business courses will be there in the program; however, the majority of the course curriculum will be focused on the management part.
Another big difference between an MM and an MBA is that a traditional MBA usually requires a couple of years of experience before completing the degree. Business degrees such as MBAs usually require candidates to possess at least three years of initial professional experience in the job market, whereas master’s in management have more flexible admissions criteria and allow a younger pool of professionals to upskill. Therefore, through a Master in Management degree, even fresh graduates are given equal opportunities in global companies.
However, the salary scales of MBA graduates are higher than MM graduates because most MBA graduates come with at least a few years of experience. So, they are often paid on the basis of what they were paid in their previous jobs.
Benefits of a Master in Management Degree
The following are some of the biggest benefits of pursuing a Master in management degree:
1. Requires Less Professional Experience
As we have already discussed, most MM programs admit candidates with no prior work experience. This is a blessing for fresh graduates who wish to start out in managerial roles and ascend the career ladder faster.
2. Develop Cutting Edge Skillset
Students who join an MM degree program are trained to develop the most in-demand skills in the managerial world, such as the ability to prioritize, problem-solving, communicate clearly, research and synthesize information, perform data analysis, make sales, showcase cultural sensitivity, etc. The program will ensure that the graduates possess digital savviness, networking abilities, numerical abilities, and general IT skills.
3. Enjoy a Diverse Learning Environment.
A graduate management educational journey helps you form strong bonds with your peers. This network will help you in your future career. Moreover, most international graduate management programs ensure to include as much cultural diversity in their classrooms as possible. As a result, you would get exposure to various cultural environments and etiquette.
4. Gain Employment at Top Global Companies
A Master’s in Management opens the door to some of the top global companies for employment. Many of these courses also offer career support services to connect students with potential employers and give them the necessary preparation to attend interviews.
Attractive Additional features of a Master in management degree
Most Master in Management courses include some other additional activities to develop your managerial skills, including:
● Transferable Skills:
A postgraduate degree helps a student gain key management skills that are transferable across multiple domains, such as HR management, business model development, and negotiation skills.
● Additional Training:
A master’s in management course can include a wide range of activities, from marketing, managing a start-up, or developing customer-driven strategies. This helps you gain a comprehensive set of industry-relevant skills.
A master’s in management includes extra internships in various companies. In such internships, students learn to deal with high-intensity roles in real-time business scenarios.
● Extracurricular Activities:
Postgraduate students have to do a number of mandatory extracurricular activities such as helping their peers with university projects, helping an undergraduate student, or participating in philanthropic activity. This will help in the overall holistic development of the student into a professional.
Career Options after Master in Management Degree
Here are some potential roles that may interest graduates of this master’s degree:
- Finance Manager: Responsible for maintaining the company’s books and records.
- Marketing Strategist: Oversee implementing marketing strategies that focus on a company’s resources to maximize sales and sustain a competitive edge.
- Management Consultant: Specialize in a certain discipline to help companies and organizations develop specific skills.
- Operations Officer: Responsible for the administrative functions of the business.
- Performance Consultant: In charge of enhancing the company’s employee performance.
- Public Sector Manager: Focused on managing governmental organizations and NGOs.
Master in Management Dual Degree
Now that you know quite a bit about a master in management degree, let’s take a look at the best Management degree available online. Master in Management Dual Degree from the International University of Applied Sciences and London South Bank University is a 12-month course, designed to make you gain a reputed management credential with a scientific and practical orientation. Choices of specialization include International Marketing, Big Data Management, Finance, Accounting, Engineering Management, IT Management, and Leadership.
Unique Benefits of the Program Include:
- Master specializations in fields like International Marketing, IT Mgmt, Finance, Big data, and Leadership.
- Supplementary Skills such as Digital Marketing, Business Analysis, Design Thinking, Digital Transformation.
- End-to-end Visa and admission support via Study Abroad Assist
- Dual Degree with LSBU to help boost career prospects. Get a British Degree & Study in Berlin (Bad Honnef).
- Job Assist program offers benefits such as 6 months of IIM Jobs Pro Membership, Resume assistance and career mentoring, and Interview preparation and career fairs.
Now that you know all about the Master in Management degree, wait no more to enroll in the best Master’s degree program in management by clicking on the link given in the introduction.