A new school year or working year is about to begin and you are planning to move to Ahmedabad in search of new opportunities. At this point of time, you need to look for an accommodation option. For those who are searching for the 1 bhk flat on rent in Ahmedabad, here in this guide we have compiled some important things that you should know before renting a flat.
- Know the upfront cost: You are going to spend a lot of your money before shifting into a rented flat in Ahmedabad. From application fees to security deposit, maintenance charges, and monthly rent, all payments are to be done before you move in. Therefore, it is recommended to know about all the charges so that you can start saving so that you have enough money to pay for the upfront cost when renting a flat in Ahmedabad.
- Determine your budget: Before you start looking for rental options in an unknown city it is always better to determine your budget so that you know your limits. Sometimes you may be tempted to compromise to have the bigger flat in the developed area but you need to ensure that the money you are going to spend is worth it. You must try to follow the rule not to exceed 30% of your monthly income on the rented flat.
- Evaluate the flat and neighborhood: Once you are done with shortlisting the rental options, now is the time to evaluate the condition of all potential flats and the neighborhoods. Before you sign the lease for the potential flat, make sure to visit the society in person to check if the neighborhood is safe and comfortable to live in. Also, check the condition of the flat. See if it is well equipped with the essential utilities and there are no damages. Try to explore the society in the evening or night as this is the time when residents are at home providing you the opportunity to obtain more information about the particular flat and neighborhood. Now that you are visiting the society just check for the amenities offered. Types of amenities provided by the communities are pet areas, health clubs, clubhouses, basketball, badminton, or football courts, parking space, swimming pool, and more.
- Check the location: Location is the most vital thing that is to be evaluated before renting a flat in Ahmedabad. In case you are a student then check if the location provides proximity to your school, college, or training institute. If you are a working professional, then how far is your office from your flat. Try to rent a flat in an area which is walking distance away from your school or workplace. Apart from this also check the social infrastructure such as markets, grocery shops, hospitals, gas stations, shopping malls, bus stops, railway stations, or airports.
- Check for additional cost: Now that you are looking for a flat suiting your budget you should be aware of all additional costs that can be charged by the landlord. Always check if the cost of the utilities such as gas, electricity, and water are inclusive or exclusive to the rental amount. Many a time tenants are also asked to pay for the maintenance chares and cleaning services. in case you are also charged the same expenses you should know how much it will cost you. It is advisable to figure out all additional charges before signing the lease so that there are no regrets in the future.
- Research the brokerage or landlord: You can come across many brokerage agencies and landlords that have a very bad reputation in the market. They try to rip off the tenants by overcharging the property. Also, some even deceive by hiding the term specifying increment in the rent after a fixed period, or the security deposit that is to be refunded is not reimbursed to the tenants after they leave the property. To protect yourself from such sharks it is better to do proper research on the brokerage firms and landlords. Also, you should read the rental agreement carefully before you sign it. If there are any unclear conditions then ask for clarification.
- Ask the landlord about pets: Planning to carry your pet along with you? Make sure to go through the pet policies of the society and ask about the same from the landlord. Although society may allow you to keep your pet, your landlord may disagree with the same. So, it is better to make things clear before signing the lease.
Wrapping up it all!
So, these were the things you should know before you rent 1 bhk flat in Ahmedabad so that you can get the most out of your investment and there are no regrets in the future.