Growing your healthcare business or practice means taking calculated digital marketing steps. But with so many techniques out there, which should you focus on? These five highly effective online marketing strategies for healthcare providers are worth trying.
5 Healthcare Digital Marketing Practices To Grow Your Practice
The healthcare industry is like a big battlefield. The centre stage is huge, but you are up against many competitors. Some are even formidable enemies, a.k.a. clinics and organizations with large budgets and several resources. How do you get smart with medical online marketing? Below are five ideas to begin with.
1. Avoid Outdated Digital Marketing Strategies
Go Marie Kondo with your online marketing efforts by getting rid of those that no longer serve you. These include tactics that:
- Do not keep up with the times
- Violate HIPAA laws and other federal and state healthcare marketing guidelines
- Lower your search engine rankings
- Focus on search engines instead of humans
- Increase your chances of getting de-indexed or banned
- Prevent a more satisfying user experience
Marina Turea of Digital Authority Partners (DAP) shares some healthcare email marketing strategies to kill. Examples include using visuals that do not load properly and writing poor content.
You can also add these to the list:
- Content that focuses heavily on keywords (Google’s helpful content suggests that you should write for your audience, not search engines.)
- Spammy links, including doorway pages that manipulate rankings and lead users to another page
- Thin content (these are articles that do not add new, original, or valuable information)
- Key performance indicators (KPIs) that are not relevant to your niche or marketing goals
- Broad messaging
2. Add Experience in the E-A-T Guidelines
How do you know that search engines, such as Google, are serious about content quality? They constantly update their best practices. This is especially true for E.A.T.
E-A-T stands for Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness. These are the three virtues Google holds dear for their indexed pages, particularly those called “Your Money, Your Life” (YMYL). These websites publish content impacting major life decisions, such as health and well-being.
Google has recently added one more letter to the acronym: E, which is for Experience. Another quality rating factor is that you should show first hand experience, exposure, or extensive knowledge of your industry, product, or service.
How do you integrate this additional element into your digital marketing strategies? Consider these suggestions:
- Talk about your credentials and achievements on your About Us page.
- Request recommendations or get mentions from industry peers, especially those most healthcare providers look up to.
- Skip stock photos and videos. Produce your own and publish them on social media channels and your websites.
- Include the author’s name in your blog posts, especially if you share medical advice and studies.
3. Run Responsive Search Ads
Medical PPC marketing is challenging because you are subject to several regulations and strict policies. Google, for example, allows only certified professionals to run and manage your campaigns. Certain words may also trigger ad removals. For this reason, it is best to work with a Google Partner, a digital marketing firm with certifications and mastery of paid advertising for your niche.
Regardless of how you do PPC marketing, always run responsive search ads (RSAs). Here’s how it works:
- You create several ad copies for a campaign or ad group. (The limit is 15 headlines with 30 characters each and four descriptions with 90 characters each.)
- Search engines then mix these elements to display the best ads that match user behaviour. It may be according to their queries or interactions with your or your competitors’ ads.
- Over time, RSAs “learn.” They then get better at creating and publishing highly targeted ads.
When done right, RSAs make medical PPC campaigns more cost-effective, easier to track, and better at converting.
4. Personalize Your Healthcare Digital Marketing Strategies
Previously, online marketing felt like casting a wide net and hoping to catch plenty of fish in one go. Today, the goal is personalization. This way:
- Healthcare digital marketing strategies become more efficient because they align with your audience’s needs, preferences, interests, and pain points.
- Your content becomes more valuable or helpful, improving your search engine optimization (SEO) plan.
- Your website provides a more satisfying user experience.
- Email marketing campaigns gain better engagement and open rates.
- Social media campaigns can target the right people with the right messages.
How do you Personalize Digital Marketing for Healthcare? Here are Five Tips:
- Take advantage of big data. Use it to gain insights about your prospects.
- Refine buyer personas, a tool used to create content and ads tailored for each market segment.
- Study user behavior and preferences when they visit your website.
- Create dynamic emails that change depending on who receives them and how they interact with them.
- Focus on one-to-one conversations on social media. For instance, use chatbots to answer questions and inquiries.
- Match keywords with the buyer’s journey.
- Perform local SEO.
5. Strengthen Your Social Media Presence
More people are asking for medical advice on social media, which is both good and bad news. At first glance, it favours users whose attention span seems to get shorter every year. On platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok, they can receive (and even curate) advice in minutes.
But the downsides are also long and Harmful.
- These people are prone to misleading information.
- Those giving advice are not qualified.
- Someone can take advantage of their situation.
- Social media struggles with privacy issues.
You can skip social media as part of your online marketing program, but it is rarely a good choice. You miss out on the chance to engage your audience more and bring them closer to your brand. Most of all, you cannot influence the conversations and help your target market make the right health decisions.
Instead, Strengthen your Social Media Presence According to your Brand’s Goals, Values, and Practices.
- Back up all your claims with the latest studies.
- Share user-generated content, such as video testimonials or written reviews, without violating HIPAA.
- Cross-post reliable content types, such as podcasts, webinars, and videos.
- Use social media to humanize yourself and the industry. Share your struggles, personal experiences, and other stories.
- Engage your audience more intimately. These include Q&A sessions, livestreams, and live chats.
- Ask questions and start conversations that can educate your target market without being too pushy.
For healthcare marketing to work, it should also evolve. These five methods can help you stay on top of your game and increase the effectiveness of your medical marketing plan.
You can also enhance many of these strategies when you receive third-person perspective and guidance. Work with a digital marketing firm to figure out your strengths and weaknesses, set clear goals, make the right plan, and measure your success.
Revitalize Your Youthful Glow with NMN Supplements: A Comprehensive Guide to Anti-Aging
How to Improve Customer Services in Healthcare Practices
How to Help A Depressed Spouse and Strengthen Relationship?