After learning a lot about app development and analysing app development benefits, a vital question might have strike your mind. How much does it cost to develop an app? To be very specific and straightforward, it isn’t easy to estimate the app development cost, as the amount can vary from $15,000 to $300,000+ for a single platform. The minimum budget for basic app development will cost around $10,000, and on average, it may rise to $60,000 at first for a simple app version.
Such a big divergence in the app development cost is due to several factors like app type, complexity, UI/UX and number of features, uniqueness of design, location, and many other factors. Every top mobile app development company has different app development rates and proposals. Studies and research done by Clutch and Out systems confirm a wide range of potential projects that costs around $5,000 – $500,000+ with a timeline of 1 – 9+ months. Good firms’ research and study state that the app development cost with complex functionalities costs around $70,000 – $150,000, and the app with minimal feature set costs around $40,000 – $60,000.
Here this article is to give you a detailed explanation of How to make an app? How much does it cost to make an app in 2021? So without further due, let’s dive in to get insights about the app development cost.
Factors That Determine the App Development Cost
There is no precise answer to How much does it cost to develop an app? as the price depends on several factors like:
- The type of your project (on-demand delivery, social, healthcare, eCommerce, etc.)
- The category of vendor you choose (IT agency, freelancers)
- The location of your vendor
- Vendor’s rate
- Complexity and number of features
- The Platform you would want your app to be displayed on (web, iOS, Android)
- The complexity of design (use of animation, custom, basic)
App Development Cost Per Phase
The question of How to make an app? and How much does it cost to make an app in 2021? It is a wide pool. There are several phases it includes like
- Cost of business analysis
- Cost of design and clickable prototype
- Cost of app coding per se
- Cost of project management
So now, let’s look at them in detail.
Cost of Business Analysis
Before the top mobile app development company prepares an accurate quote, they’ll be flooding you with several questions like your app ideas, market analysis, documentation requirements, verification. and many more. The business analysis takes a stand in every part of the several phases of app development. The business analysts need to assure what you request for:
- Is the idea achievable and cleared for developers?
- How do they take Google and Apple’s best practices?
- If they rely on the most effective technology stack.
- The business analyst share in the app development cost varies between $1,200 – $11,000.
Some tips which can help you to cut the business analysis budget:
Search for some apps that have similar features that you would want to duplicate in your app. And then define how it will be different in your app. Provide your app development team with UML diagrams and discover the best business analysis practices in app development projects.
Cost Of Design And Clickable Prototype
As soon as your precise list of requirements documents is ready, you can head towards investing in the user interface. Intact UX and UI is quite important these days in apps. So it would be best if you had a budget set for the design. The major part of your budget depends on whether you have a brand book, and most of the time, designs cost up to 10-15% of the total app development cost. Ensure that you get a clickable prototype as a part of your contract. Let’s look into the click-through prototype and UX before entering app coding, the most expensive app development phase. Some of the famous tools for click-thru prototypes are:
- Adobe XD
- Proto.io, and many more
The design budget in the app development costs revolves around $2,500 – $10,000.
Here are some tips to reduce the app design budget. Get the screenshots of the app you like and explain to the designer what you liked about them. Utilize the stock of UI elements from Apple and Google. Hunt for instinct UI kits on websites like ui8 and freebies bug. Also, filter the searches for UI kits for iOS and Android.
Cost of App Coding Per Se
Among all the other app development phases, app coding costs the major part of it. The job does not get over by the picture of developers sitting in front of their MacBook’s and writing codes; it is only a small part of the entire plan. The process includes various stand-ups with other development team members. It is a collective process, and therefore a small app would also require at least 2-3 team members.
The cost for App architecture and functionalities revolves around $2,000 – $60,000.
Let’s look into some advice to shorten this huge budget.
- Adopting cross platform development frameworks like Ionic and Xamarin can save up to 30% of the allocated budget. The app must be basic if you wish to take advantage of these app development frameworks.
- Choose your Top mobile app development company wisely, as they play a major part in the process.
- Hire a team that offers a robust app development approach with constant deliveries.
- Use the shelf mobile SDKs for standard functionalities.
- Chat SDK for incorporating a chat module.
- Use Twilio for voice, video chatting, and SMS verification.
- Use Pushwood for push notifications.
So here is a list of third-party SDKs on which you can rely:
- Study what technologies your competitors have used along with App Explorer, SensorTower, or MightySignal.
- Do not buy off-the-shelf code templates if the developers are not offering you customization.
- Construct an MVP version of an app along with an online app building tool and various others to test your idea.
- Do not support any older version of OS unless you are sent % sure that you want them.
- Ensure that all the requirements describe app functionalities in a detailed manner. After the coding establishes, new requests can make a dig in your app development budget and project.
Cost of Project Management
Project management is a significant part of the entire mobile app development process. Consistently, a project manager manages the entire development process from start to finish. And these efforts cost around 10-15% of the entire app development cost.
The budget decided for the project management is between $1,200 – $12,000. So now, let’s look at some tips that can help us shred some of the budgets. Never cut on the project management budget period. As a project manager can make or break the project, it is necessary to have a project manager. Take off the position of a project manager if he is not responding within 10-24 hours, as he’s not worth the position.
The experienced and top mobile app development company believes that the mobile and web app cost is influenced by various factors, like industry, numbers, technologies used, and various others. A company can estimate the cost of an app but can only share the exact quotations once you share your app idea and requirements. Every app is different from others; therefore, the app development cost also varies. Always consider this point before you start preparing the budget for your project.
The best advice to know how much it costs to develop an app is to reach out to the top mobile app development company and discuss your app ideas with them as they can suggest options and could advise you with the best ways to develop an app.